Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A thing about milestones

The thing about milestones is there are so many. I try to recognize and document the major ones, like learning to walk and talk, but lately I have noticed that there so many smaller ones that I don't want to forget. Like, I remember the first time Violet headed down the hall (on hands and knees) to play in her room all by herself. Before this she was always in arms reach. And I remember the first time I said "I love you" at bedtime and she said it right back.

On Christmas Day out at the farm I noticed another milestone. as Violet was playing with her older cousins she ran around with the pack of them and I didn't feel compelled to track her every move. She was old enough to take care of herself in a way. It was exciting to think about all the fun she and Vivian will have with the cousins - all of them just "being kids".

Stay tuned for many more milestones to be announced...

No comments:

Post a Comment