Sunday, January 15, 2012

Good News, Bad News

First the god news, Violet is officially potty trained! I'm so proud of her, and the cool thing is she is really proud of herself. Way to go, Violet! Without sharing TMI she can get the job done and we don't have to be afraid of leaving the house for fear of having an accident. It's nice not to have to think about the bathroom constantly.

Now for the bad, it goes something like this..."No! No! Noooooooooooooo!"

Just trying to execute a simple task, grocery shopping, which we have done countless times before without incident. Dare I say it's been fun in the past to have both of them with me. Today however was a totally different story.

First I cruised the parking lot looking for a parking spot close to a shopping cart corral with a special race car cart (the kind with the steering wheels for the kids). There were two - a blue one and a yellow one - so I thought everyone was going to be super happy. As I unloaded the girls I watched another mom claim the blue cart..."uh-oh. But we should still be fine there is that yellow one."...WRONG. Apparently today only the blue one would do. Violet proceeded to pitch a fit like I have only seen on rare occasions. There were lots of tears and screaming and kicking and turning stiff as a board, refusing to ride in the cart. After trying all my best tricks for calming a toddler I realized it just wasn't going to happen today. I loaded them back into the car and we went home with no groceries. Two words: Nap Time.

1 comment: