Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go

Well out little Violet is 14 weeks old today. It sure went fast, but I had to return to work this week. I'm now a working mom. Good news is that the transition hasn't been as hard as I expected. A lot of that has to do with the fact that Violet and I made the absolute most of my maternity leave. After a bumpy start, we were off and running (literally) and didn't let grass grow under our feet. Another reason is that Jeff and I found a wonderfully loving nanny (Olivia) to watch Violet during the day when we are at work. Olivia is a favorite of Jagger's too since she takes him along to the park every day. Finally, I have a fantastic employer who has agreed to let me work a 30-hour work week. 

We're very blessed and adjusting to our new normal.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know that the transition can be made! I'm struggling through what that looks like for me and my job at the moment (if this baby ever decides to show up!) and it's good to hear an encouraging story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina, I am so happy for you! You are such a good mommy. It sounds like the perfect situation for y'all. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Jana, I babysitt for Olivia Schmitt. I am currently pregnant and looking into options for childcare. Where did you find your nanny? my email is: jshinn@cii.utexas.edu
    I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete