Friday, October 15, 2010

Milestone: Big Girl Bed

Tonight was the night we decided to see how Violet would do sleeping in her big girl bed. All during the process -- painting and installing floors and assembling furniture and picking out bedding and hanging curtains -- Violet has been involved. So for three weeks we have been talking about her new room and her big girl bed.

She loves to climb on her bed, playing with stuffed animals and reading books. Still, I wasn't sure how it would go when we kissed her good night and walked out tonight. As it turns out, it was a non-event. She rolled over with her thumb in her mouth, like every other night and went to sleep. I'm sure she'll sleep great tonight, and I'm sure I won't as I'm glued to the baby monitor watching her every breath.

Here we are, reading books before lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment