Sunday, August 16, 2009

Balls, Carrots and Kids

That about sums up Violet's weekend.

Good friend Cheryl and her "heartbreaker" of a son, Dion came over to play yesterday. Neither kid was much into playing with the other, but at least the moms got to catch up. Violet loves the nifty pink wiffle balls Dion brought her, they're easy to hold and just right to try and fit in her mouth.




Saturday night, we visited Uncle Colby, Aunt Kayla, Cole, Ben, and Baby X (my tiny niece to come in October). It was great to hang out. Special thanks to Ben for letting Aunt Gigi ride his 4-wheeler (just barely under the weight limit).



Violet has been luke warm on rice cereal since we started trying her on "solid" foods. So today I boiled the heck out of some carrots, pureed them and tried a little carrot flavored rice cereal. She loved it! Grabbed at the spoon, stuck her hands in the bowl and had an orange, messy, good-tasting great time. I'm curious what her next diaper is going to look like. Yes, I know I'm sick.

Good friend, Gina, and her three precious kids Gabriella, Isabella and Landon came over today to visit and meet Violet. Good friend doesn't even begin to describe it...Gina and I have been friends for 16 years and I am honored that she takes the time to come visit when she comes to Texas. I'm so happy you guys are so nicely settled in Washington, but I still miss having you close by. Especially now that I see what good little baby sitters you are raising (wink). Violet loved watching the older kid's energy, and it was fun for me to see her so happily entertained.

The center of attention (as usual)

Peek-A-Boo with Landon

Gina and the Jordan Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment