Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What goes in, must come out

One of the things you take note of when you have a newborn is the frequency of wet and dirty diapers. The longer the stretch between dirty diapers the bigger mess it's going to be when it happens. It's been at least two days so I have been bracing myself for the worst.

Well, let me tell you that Violet unleashed the beast this afternoon. She was content and hanging out in her bouncy seat while I took care of a few things around the house. When I went to pick her up for some tummy time I was horrified to find her sitting in the biggest pile of yellow, runny, baby poop I have ever seen come out of something so small. That was about 30 minutes ago since it took that long to figure out how to get the onesie over her head without smearing poop on her face, bathing her, washing the bouncy seat cover, and all the clothes, towels and wash clothes that it took to clean up the mess.

Violet is exhausted and sleeping it off. 

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much can come out if such a small person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on surviving that!

    ReplyDelete